Thursday, March 14, 2013
Flower Mound 11-year-old killed in ATV incident
Counselors will be available for his classmates to talk to after returning from spring break.
An 11-year-old Flower Mound child was killed Monday night in Oklahoma when the all-terrain vehicle (ATV) he was riding crashed.
According to records provided by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, Colton Chreene, a fourth grader at Timber Creek Elementary School, and his uncle were riding separate ATVs in a pasture in rural Utica, located in southeast Bryan County, around 8:40 p.m. The report states that Chreene made a left turn into a ravine and was ejected. He suffered head and neck injuries. The report states that he was not wearing a helmet.
The report states that Chreene was initially transported to Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma by a private vehicle but later was taken by an ambulance. Chreene was pronounced dead at 9:44 p.m.
Lewisville ISD spokeswoman Karen Permetti said school counselors will be available for students to talk to after returning from spring break. She said Timber Creek parents will be notified via email of the incident.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Flower Mound Public Library's new app lets residents remotely search for titles
- UPDATED: Fire destroyed Flower Mound home Friday at noon
- Flower Mound will hold open forum for town council and school board candidates on April 20
- Former CEO of SEGA opens new arcade-style restaurant Bar Fun Dining
- Marcus High School student dies from flu, staph infection