Friday, March 15, 2013
Man ID’d in Carrollton hit-and-run
Police believe the suspect drives a silver or gray 2006 Honda Civic.
CARROLLTON Carrollton police have identified the man whose body was found in a drainage ditch in the 1800 block of North I-35E Monday afternoon.
They also are searching for a particular vehicle believed used in the hit-and-run incident, but are continuing a search for the victim’s family.
Officer Jon Stovall of the Carrollton Police Department said the victim has been identified as Roberto Domingo Arancibia, 42, of Nicaragua.
The victim has the name “Sarae” tattooed on his upper back, and may have been known by other names in the past. Police have been unable to locate any relatives or friends of the victim.
Police believe the suspect vehicle is a silver or gray 2006 Honda Civic that will have damage to its front right side.
Stovall said a passerby found the body about 2:48 p.m. Monday.
The body was taken to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office and the investigation is ongoing, Stovall said.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Firefighters battle paper fire in 100-degree weather
- Theater review: Accompany a father on a journey between religion and culture in Fiddler on the Roof
- Police seek information about July 6 fatality on I-35E in Carrollton
- Photos: Volkswagens compete for "best display of rust" and "best survivor"
- Odd man out: Tales of getting turned down during The Real World audition in Dallas