Friday, March 15, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., May 17, 2013
Will run for cookies: Taste Addison hosts new run-and-eat event
Pretty good reason to get up early on a Saturday.
ADDISON The annual Taste Addison returns this year in mid-May with lots of food samples, like always. But new to the lineup is the Tasty Run 5K, where runners will stop along their jaunt to sample food from local restaurants.
Themed runs have become popular in Dallas. Deep Ellum bar Sandbar Cantina just hosted Tap 'N' Run, where participants chugged beer while they ran (or stumbled) through a 4K. Hypnotic Donuts in East Dallas recently hosted a dash where all runners were required to eat a doughnut during the 5K. And let's face it: Doesn't grub make a run seem a whole lot more appealing?
Taste Addison is May 17-19, and the Tasty Run 5K takes place Saturday, May 18 at 8 a.m. Participants can either join the 5K or the "fun run," but all will grab bite-sized samples along the way. Organizers are encouraging people to dress in costume -- and if the other themed runs are any indication, that shouldn't be a problem.
Participating restaurants are:
- On the Border
- Genghis Grill
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Tiff’s Treats
- La Madeleine
- Raising Cane’s
Mmm, Tiff's Treats! We'd run for a cookie.Follow @sblaskovich
See more stories in:
- Photos: Vintage aircraft wowed families at Cavanaugh Flight Museum's Fall Fly Days
- Casting call: GSN's American Bible Challenge seeks holy braniacs
- Theater review: WTT's Red Hot Patriot sizzles with wit and wisdom
- Eat your way through Addison Oktoberfest 2013 with this food guide
- Polka Dot Bakery in Addison offers sweets, lunch, and wine