Sunday, March 17, 2013
5 life lessons from Snoop Dogg after his Greenville Avenue show
Yeah, we watched the Dizzle rock the mizzle on the stizzle, fo shizzle.
GREENVILLE AVENUE The Doggfather took a hit off of Dallas yesterday following the annual Greenville Avenue Saint Patrick's Day Parade and festivities. Like the work of any responsible role model, his concert imparted a little wisdom and left golden kernels of truth for all.
Dallas is a city of botanists. -- Everyone knows that DFW is a hub for big business, but judging by the hats, T-shirts, leis, and specifically-designed Mardi Gras beads, the city also appreciates the natural sciences. Yesterday, Energy Square was teeming with plant lovers. We're not talking shamrocks here.
Cowboy boots look good with everything. -- Everything. And, did you really think Aggies can't appreciate Snoop?
It's never too late to turn over a new leaf. -- As everyone knows, Snoop has been Reincarnated into the more regal "Snoop Lion." Well, everyone except the event's organizers, the announcers from Jack FM, and the entire crowd, who just wanted to see the Dizzle rock the mizzle on the stizzle.
Always wear sunscreen. -- Sure, the '90s had a whole video on it, but there are few better reminders than sunburn lines in the shape of a shamrock sticker.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. -- Literally. Here. Though doors opened at noon, nary a sight of the D-O-Double-G was seen until close to 6 p.m., following three local bands, including an hour long set of Sublime covers. Hope you didn't have anywhere to be. Who are we kidding; you probably weren't driving anyhow.
- Polyphonic Spree and True Widow slated to rock Austin's Fun Fun Fun Fest in November
- Listen: Sounds from Texas bands playing Wakarusa music festival this weekend
- March Madness: A recap of the Dallas festivals that kicked off spring
- Cheech & Chong tickets on sale for "Up in Smoke" stop at Verizon Theatre in June
- City's "family-friendlier" St. Patrick's plans went up in smoke
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course