Monday, March 18, 2013
Meet the teams who could be heading to Cowboys Stadium for Sweet 16
No Texas teams.
ARLINGTON For the first time since 1977, no state of Texas teams are going to be a part of March Madness.
But that doesn't mean March Madness will be dead in North Texas. In two weeks, Arlington will host the South Regional -- meaning the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games in one of the nation's four regionals. Those games will be played at Cowboys Stadium.
We're still a week away from knowing exactly which four teams will be playing in those matchups, but after Sunday night's release of the bracket, we have a better idea of who those teams will be.
The 16 teams (and their seeds) in the South region are as follows:
- 1. Kansas
- 2. Georgetown
- 3. Florida
- 4. Michigan
- 5. VCU
- 6. UCLA
- 7. San Diego State
- 8. North Carolina
- 9. Villanova
- 10. Oklahoma
- 11. Minnesota
- 12. Akron
- 13. South Dakota State
- 14. Northwestern State
- 15. Florida Gulf Coast
- 16. Western Kentucky
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- UT-Arlington will exhibit rare JFK photographs
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice