Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Run a-mutt at Frisco’s Ruff Range dog park
A tired dog is a good dog.
FRISCO Come. Sit. Stay. At the dog park that is! Grab little (or big) Fido and get down to Ruff Range dog park in Frisco Texas!
I recently checked out the park with my 3-year-old beagle, Ellie. She happens to have a never-ending amount of energy so when given a large space to run around at and play, she doesn’t waste a moment of it. After running a few starting laps around the perimeter of the fenced-in dog park, she was ready to meet and greet the other dogs.
There were just a small handful of dogs out on this particular day, but they were all friendly, as well were their owners. A yellow lab, chocolate lab, and papillon mix all played well with my beagle while the owners all mingled together. I have to say, dog owners tend to be some of the best people and very friendly! I was not surprised to meet a great group of people out with their dogs.
If you’ve never been to Ruff Range or another dog park, I’ll give you the run down. Dog parks consist of gated-in land where owners can come and let their dogs off leash to romp and run around with other dogs. Great for socializing your dog! Socializing your dog helps them develop the confidence and ease that goes a long way in helping them become resilient in the face of unsettling situations. And bringing them to the dog park just lets them burn off some energy too (good for you and them).
Ruff Range is divided into two different sections, the 35 lb. and above section (large dogs) and the 35 lb. and below section (small dog), and both have a standard set of rules. This helps with safety of the dogs, as it may be overwhelming for a very small dog to play with multiple bigger ones. Both sections are very clean and kept and also offer a covered area with places to sit for those extra sunny or rainy days.
Ellie and I will definitely be back on a regular basis to visit the Ruff Range dog park! For that time in between visits, here are some other suggestions for things to do with your four legged friend:
- Go to PetSmart! This pet friendly store lets you take in your dog and shop with them. My dog just loves to pick out her own toys here. Not to mention, this is a great one-stop-shop. They have a vet (Banfield), a boarding / lodging area, and a professional grooming shop.
- Hit up a patio! Whether it's your patio or one of these local pet friendly restaurant patios, being outside with your pup is always a good time.
- Go for a walk! Anywhere in Frisco. Just leash up your dog and hit the trails (or pavement that is).
Where do you like to take your dog in Frisco? Send me a note – I’d love to hear about it and check it out myself!
Pegasus News Content partner - I Heart Frisco
I Heart Frisco is a blog dedicated to capturing the who’s, what’s, when’s, and how’s of all things Frisco and putting in one place for you, the savvy user, to go to for news and reviews on all the latest and greatest.
- Pizzeria Testa fosters cult following in Frisco
- Concert review: Hip and un-hip rocked out at annual Edgefest in Frisco
- Theater review: Frisco Community Theatre puts on a grey-haired gem with its Over the River and Through the Woods
- Texas Dream Cruise aspires to be biggest car show in the U.S.
- Photos: Get more bang for your buck in this "cozy" Frisco abode