Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Swiss Avenue homes get new roofs 9 months after freak storm
Let's hope the spring storms don't return soon.
DALLAS It’s been almost a year since that freak hail storm demolished roofs throughout Lakewood and East Dallas, leaving many of the slate and clay-tile roofs on Swiss Avenue in pieces.
Some homes that line Swiss have gotten new roofs only within the last few weeks. It’s incredible, to me at least, that these historic properties have sat with only a blue tarp protecting their interiors from the elements for more than nine months.
Meanwhile, homes throughout Lakewood, Caruth Terrace, and the M Streets have had roofers’ signs planted in their front yards and brand new roofs for months. What gives? Is it demand for materials? Stingy insurance companies? A shortage of reputable contractors?
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series