Friday, March 22, 2013
Cheech & Chong tickets on sale for “Up in Smoke” stop at Verizon Theatre in June
Are Cheech & Chong fans even awake at 10 a.m. on a Friday?
Tommy Chong on the feds taking away his bongs
GRAND PRAIRIE Like their bud-brethren Willie and Snoop, Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong tend to garner major buzz whenever they meander back Dallas' way. Tickets go on sale this morning, Friday, March 22, for their recently-announced live appearance at the Verizon Theatre on June 1.
'70s icons who never outgrew their stoner stereotype -- not that they seem to mind it -- the duo reached the next generation of sticky-loving ne'er-do-wells in 2008 when they reunited after 25 years for a road trip of epic proportions. Five years later, the tour bus is still humming across this great nation on the "Up in Smoke" tour. Seems the road does go forever and the party never ends.
This time, they're bringing along '70s musical giants Tower of Power and War, better known as the band responsible for the indelible earworm "Lowrider," made famous in Cheech & Chong's first film, 1978's Up In Smoke.
Get tickets at AXS.com or by calling 888-9AXS-TIX.
- Photos: In DFW show, Backstreet Boys take themselves way too seriously
- 11 ridiculous photos of the Backstreet Boys, just before their Dallas show
- So You Think You Can Dance tour waltzes through North Texas November 9
- Concert review: Monkees took crowds back to the glory days at Verizon
- Deck the halls with Donny & Marie this Christmas in North Texas