Monday, March 25, 2013
Photos: Hindu celebration of spring, Holi, brought hundreds to colorful party
Happy attendees left covered in a rainbow of color.
FRISCO The Festival of Colors, or Holi, celebrates the beginning of spring in the Hindu culture. Hundreds of people went to Hidden Cove Marina on Lake Lewisville to joyfully usher in the warmer months and receive blessings from friends and family.
Originally, powdered colors thrown were made from medicinal herbs to prevent viral colds during the changing of the seasons. Today, the color is a symbol, and participants at the festival smeared powder on one another, threw it in the air, and then tossed scented water. It was a colorful afternoon indeed.
- Little Elm welcomes new Calloway's Nursery
- Wake boarding company opens Little Elm location on July 6
- Photos: North Texans catch some air at Little Elm's new wakeboarding park
- Oak Point, Lakewood Village, Little Elm ISD cancel school board elections
- Little Elm artist inspires tattoo shops around the world