Tuesday, March 26, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., April 1, 2013
Yoga group makes fitness infinitely more enticing by adding beer
Who hasn't ended up in Downward-Facing Dog after one too many?
DALLAS If anyone ever said that beer and yoga don't mix, We Yogis never got the memo. On April 1, Dallas' "non-intimidating" yoga studio is offering a free beer tasting following instructor Gina Dunn's power flow class. No April Fool's joke here. We double-checked.
We Yogis has made its name by offering a host of unusual events and classes, including those specifically aimed at improving flexibility for athletes. Some classes are geared toward children -- such as a Glow Stick party on April 5, where kids ages 9-15 dress in neon, "flow in the dark" to upbeat dance music, and have a chance to win door prizes -- and the studio also offers on-site childcare for when mom and dad need to balance chakras, sans kiddos.
The special Happy Hour Class includes samples of Widmer Omissions Lager and Widmer Omissions Pale Ale, both of which are gluten free, as well as Redhook Longhammer IPA, Redhook Pilsner, and Redhook Seasonal Mudslinger. While the tasting itself is free, the drop-in fee for the class is $18.
Class takes place from 5:45 to 6:55 p.m. April 1, and pre-registration is required.
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
- Dallas Pride Performing Arts Festival returns with lesbians, love triangles and campy cabaret