Friday, May 3, 2013
Photos: See a chaps-wearing Pit Bull, a wiener dog dressed as a Boomstick
Based on the photos alone, we're going to call Bark in the Park at Rangers Ballpark a big success.
ARLINGTON This is bound to put a little T.G. in your I.F.: Dogs dressed as baseball fans paraded around Rangers Ballpark in Arlington Thursday night for Bark in the Park. The event invited dogs and their owners to the ballpark for a pet parade on the greens before pooches took their seats with their owners for the Chicago White Sox/Texas Rangers game. (The Sox won, 3-1.)
The highlight of the evening was certainly the pooch parade, where, naturally, a wiener dog came dressed as the Boomstick, the 2-foot-long hot dog sold at the ballpark. But the winner of the contest was a Pit Bull named Ripley dressed as an actual Texas Ranger -- with chaps, a fringe vest, and a holster with a toy Texas Rangers-themed gun.
Happy Friday. Take a look:
- Anderson Cooper talks war, being gay and Real Housewives at UT-Arlington
- 11 worst stadium names, in honor of Globe Life Park
- New name for Texas Rangers' ballpark: Globe Life Park in Arlington
- Male Yorkshire Terrier found in Grand Prairie
- Theater review: Four women go soul-searching in Italy in Enchanted April