Monday, May 6, 2013 , Updated 2:07 p.m., October 31, 2013
UPDATED: DFW’s second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy November 6
The new shop will replace Au Bon Pain near the northeast corner of Legacy Drive and Dallas Parkway in Plano. It will have the same menu as the Dallas spot, but will boast a bigger bar with draft beer, canned beer, and wine. It will also have a patio.
With the opening of the first East Hampton in 2012, founder and CEO Hunter Pond said the plan was always to open more.
"We think that the market is starving for a good, upscale sandwich place," he said. The menu includes spiffed-up burgers like a cheeseburger with Sriracha dijonaise, and the Fried Chicken + Jack, a fried chicken sandwich with avocado and bacon. All sandwiches are served with bread from Dallas shop Empire Baking Company. The menu changes twice a year.
Sandwiches average at about $10 each, with the exception of the $16 lobster roll. All sandwiches can be made into salads. Pond said the chefs make all the meats and sauces in-house.
[UPDATE: Look out for the new East Hampton in Plano
in late July or early August 2013 November 6.]
East Hampton Sandwich Co. menu
- Plano-based Frito-Lay releases new flavors of potato chips promised to be lower in fat
- Review: Cirque du Soleil's Varekai suffers from confusing story
- UPDATED: 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House in Frisco reopened Monday
- Theater review: Do yourself a favor and go see Edges
- UPDATED: Pan-Latin restaurant called Mexican Sugar in Plano is open