Friday, May 10, 2013
CNN names Untapped as one of the country’s best beer fests
I'll drink to that.
We're pretty darn proud of the growing brewery and craft beer scene in North Texas. It's a beerevolution around here. But did anyone else notice?
Says CNN, in part: "Other beer festivals have live music, but let's be honest, it's usually local bands that provide background noise. Paste Untapped brings musicians and bands that are worth the price of admission alone. Add an awesome selection of craft suds, and it's easy to see why this is one of the most talked-about festivals of 2013."
(CNN refers to it as "Paste Untapped." Here's the back story: The fest started in 2012 as Uptown Untapped, which became Dallas Untapped when it outgrew the Uptown Dallas venue and relocated to West Dallas. It's put together by Arlington-based company Spune in partnership with Paste Magazine. This year's a biggie for the growing fest: There was a Fort Worth festival in April, and three events have yet to happen -- a Dallas one in September, and expanded events in Nashville and Atlanta in late 2013.)
CNN's accolade for Untapped is certainly worth celebrating, for the breweries involved, the local bands who played, and the North Texas company who put it all together. Cheers!
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
- UPDATED: Untapped Festival brings beer and music back to Fort Worth in March
- Review: Canned festival in Denton took the pretentiousness out of beer tasting
- Review: Untapped Festival brews a near-perfect day of indie beer and music
- UPDATEDx2: Untapped Dallas will feature Delta Spirit for indoor/outdoor beer fest
- Pegasus Picks: Fun things to do in DFW May 16-19