Friday, May 10, 2013
Photos: Take mom to the Swiss Avenue Home Tour this weekend
If only envy wasn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Wandering through strangers’ homes: Not sure why Julie Andrews didn’t sing about that as one of her favorite things because it’s definitely better than brown paper packages or some stupid itchy mittens.
But that’s OK. We’re just happy to have an opportunity to experience one of our favorite things this weekend as we admire the beautiful homes of others at the Swiss Avenue Mother’s Day Home Tour.
There are tours and events all weekend long featuring several historic and architecturally significant homes, as well as a nice big cathedral.
Friday night’s main event, however, is where you’ll find us. That’s when the Candlelight Tour & Party kicks off in celebration of the tour’s 40th anniversary. Guests will be treated to a twilight tour of two of this year’s homes before settling down at 5020 Swiss Avenue, also known as the home of Sue Ellen Ewing’s parents in the original Dallas series.
Cocktails, barbecue, and plenty of Dallas-themed memorabilia make for a fabulously fun night of dinner, drinks, and dancing. Or you can opt to simply tour the magnificent homes at your own pace.
Just please stay out of the medicine cabinets. Trust us on that one.
Swiss Avenue Mother’s Day Home Tour
- Friday, May 10-Sunday, May 12
- Tickets from $20 in advance
- Full event schedule at www.sahd.org
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre