Monday, May 13, 2013 , Updated 9:00 a.m., May 16, 2013
Video: Insider tips for partying at the Byron Nelson Pavilion
Country club attire. Cash. Cocktails.
IRVING This week, thousands of people will head to the Byron Nelson Championship to watch golf. Many more will be at the Four Seasons Resort in Irving. But they won't be watching golf: They'll be partying at the Byron Nelson Pavilion. This quintessentially "Dallas" event should be on your Big D bucket list.
This year, Byron representatives tell us that Thursday, May 16 is the big night, when Stoney LaRue will perform to what's expected to be a rowdy crowd. Pavilion parties continue Friday and Saturday with music, dancing, and lots of drinking.
Before you sip your first vodka/soda, you'll need to dress the part and get a ticket. Here's the lowdown:
- Photos: In DFW show, Backstreet Boys take themselves way too seriously
- 11 ridiculous photos of the Backstreet Boys, just before their Dallas show
- So You Think You Can Dance tour waltzes through North Texas November 9
- Concert review: Monkees took crowds back to the glory days at Verizon
- Deck the halls with Donny & Marie this Christmas in North Texas