Monday, May 13, 2013
Photos: Grizzly men — and women! — showed off fine face fur at Beardfest 2
Stiff upper lip, ladies and gentlemen.
The event was serious beardness: Judges "inspected" many beards and mustaches entered into the several-category competition, which included full beard, styled mustache, freestyle, and more. Even women were invited to participate. (And some did!)
We learned what a time commitment fancy facial hair can be. Entrant Troy Martin said it takes him three hours to fix up his beard.
Take a look at the highlights of the competition:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy