Monday, May 13, 2013
Photos: Grizzly men — and women! — showed off fine face fur at Beardfest 2
Stiff upper lip, ladies and gentlemen.
The event was serious beardness: Judges "inspected" many beards and mustaches entered into the several-category competition, which included full beard, styled mustache, freestyle, and more. Even women were invited to participate. (And some did!)
We learned what a time commitment fancy facial hair can be. Entrant Troy Martin said it takes him three hours to fix up his beard.
Take a look at the highlights of the competition:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger