Monday, May 13, 2013
Pants on the ground: Joggers strip for Undie Race on Katy Trail
Participants got a free beer afterwards at Katy Trail Ice House. That's a reason to run, no?
DALLAS The weather in Dallas over the weekend was beyond beautiful. So beautiful you'd want to strip down to your skivvies.
Really: Katy Trail Ice House in Uptown Dallas hosted The Undie Race, and plenty of participants got down with the no-pants party. The goal was for people to bring unused clothing to donate to the Goodwill, then strip down to almost nothing and go for a jog on the Katy Trail. Beers were flowing before and after the race at Katy Trail.
For those who weren't participating and were simply at the popular Uptown Dallas watering hole for a drink, well, they got a free show. Unknowing walkers and runners on the Katy Trail also were thrown for a loop when a few dozen men and women in briefs and panties came jaunting by.
About 40 full trash bags of used closing were donated to the event, said coordinators Ryan Broussard and Sarina Hickey.
Peeping Toms, have a peek:
See more stories in:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy