Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
If you like "Traveling Man," you should meet his friends.
UNIVERSITY PARK From the immense collection of historic modern art at the NorthPark Center to the permanent collection by local artist Shane Pennington at Chase Tower, visual artwork weaves throughout the city's architectural fabric from the Arts District to Oak Cliff.
Recently, the Lumen -- an upscale, boutique hotel near SMU, which houses American restaurant The Front Room -- reinforced the Dallas' aesthetic by adding artwork from local artists, including a unique series of sculptures by Brad Oldham, the artist behind Deep Ellum's famed "Traveling Man."
Check out his work and work by other locally-based artists now gracing the walls and floors of the Park Cities place.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun