Friday, May 17, 2013 , Updated 12:00 p.m., May 24, 2013
Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
Beer, books, and barbecue. You're in, right?
WEST DALLAS As if Four Corners Brewery hadn't already cornered the market on cool culinary events, the West Dallas microbrewery with heavy-hitting beers and an expansive, rustic-chic space has added another envy-worthy event to its calendar. On May 25, Four Corners will host Daniel Vaughn and three Dallas-based Pitmasters during a book signing and barbecue/beer pairing called "Meat and Greet."
Recently named barbecue editor at Texas Monthly, Vaughn will discuss his new book, The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue. He'll be joined by a smokin' trio of DFW-based barbecue artists: Justin Fourton of Pecan Lodge, Will Fleischmann of Lockhart Smokehouse, and Travis Mayes of Meshacks BBQ. All three have been named among Texas Monthly's top 50 pitmasters, and Vaughn just kinda-sorta named Pecan Lodge the second best barbecue joint in Texas. (It was a three-way tie.)
Superfans can purchase exclusive $100 tickets for a VIP event from 5 to 6 p.m. There are only 100 VIP tickets available and, per Four Corners, the offer includes:
- Special barbecue cuts and beer pairings from Four Corners Brewing Co.
- Limited edition pint glass made especially for this event
- Signed copy of Vaughn's book
- Signed copy of Texas Monthly's newly released BBQ edition
- Access to the meat and pitmasters Justin, Will, and Travis for an hour before general admission
- Informal Q&A with Vaughn talking all things 'cue
Free general admission runs from 6 to 9 p.m., but that doesn't include beer, barbecue, or books, which may be purchased separately.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Travel expert Rick Steves makes trip to Dallas in December