Friday, May 17, 2013
Sample 150 craft beers from local homebrewers at Oak Cliff’s Brew Riot
Get a taste Sunday, May 19.
OAK CLIFF For the last four years, Brew Riot has brought together some of the region’s best and brightest hopmasters to show Dallas what they have been concocting in their closets and garages. On Sunday, May 19, Brew Riot will for the fifth year showcase homebrewers and their homemade brands in the Bishop Arts District area of Oak Cliff, on North Bishop Avenue just south of W 7th Street. The showcase will benefit the beloved 501c3 Go Oak Cliff which puts on many festivals in Oak Cliff every year.
This year, this epic outdoor Dallas street festival will have live music for the first time, more food, more games, and more everything. Brew Riot attendees get the opportunity to judge which is the best brew for themselves as he or she makes the way around the tents.
Brew Riot 2013 live musical performances
Birds of Night -- Denton-based band The Birds of Night have been striving to "restore the sound of rock music's golden era." Their latest record is We're a Family Now.
Hunter Jones -- Austin-based Hunter Jones has played sweet shoe-gaze/psyche/surf music since October 2012.
How to get tickets to Brew Riot 2013
You can make checking easy by pre-purchasing your ticket on Prekindle. Then all you need to do is bring your ticket to the entrance at the intersection of West 7th Street and North Bishop, where they will check you in and provide you the proper voting and tasting items. 21 and up to partake, but all ages may attend. Bring your ID. Visit www.BrewRiot.com for more information. There is also a Brew Run. Here is the info and registration on that Prekindle.
Get your tickets here.
Brew Riot 2013 homebrew teams
Janacek Brewing, Abrook Ales, Mox Nix Brewery, Zreet St. Brewing, Short Shift Brewing, Trooper Brewing, Blue Indian Brewing, GrandSkull Brewery, Last Call Brewing, Barking Oak Brewing, White Rock Brewing Company, Punky Brewsters, East Fork Brewing, Morgan Creek Brewery, Barley Jar Brewing, Hemisphere Brewing, Double J Brewing, Mossberg Brewing, Dead Cowboy Brewing, Night Owl Craft Ales, Dallas Home Brew, The Manhattan Project, SPAM BIER (Stevens Park Ale Makers), Trapdoor Brewing.
Brew Riot rules for homebrew teams
- Bring 5 gallons minimum of each brew for People’s Choice judging
- This contest is open to all amateur home brewers who brew less than 200 gallons of beer, and is restricted to non-commercial, homebrewed beers.
- Beer must be made from the normal alcoholic fermentation of malted barley with hops, or their products, and with or without other malted or unmalted cereals.
- Entrants must be 21 years of age or older.
Pegasus News Content partner - I Live in Dallas
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Photos: See 10 high-dollar cars sold at Dallas auction, like $3.2 mil Corvette