Monday, May 20, 2013
Photos: Wild times at Richardson’s annual arts and music blowout
Highlights included locals with stars in their eyes and Charlie Daniels' fiddle.
RICHARDSON Richardson's annual arts and music blowout, the Wildflower Festival, returned May 17 through 19 bolstered by a host of local and national acts that kept the eager crowds rocking all weekend. From big timers like Ray Wylie Hubbard, Robert Earl Keen, and The Charlie Daniels Band to newcomer contest winners spread across six performance stages, the festival amped the inspirational and let the good times roll.
Speaking of rolling, the weekend also saw the WildRide! WildRun! Against Cancer, a bicycle race and 5k, and local restaurateurs wheeled in to keep bellies full. The Ultimate Smoker & Grill, an 80-foot rig, also made an appearance, serving up more than 2,000 pounds of smokey meat. Check out our photos from the festivities on Friday, May 17.
- Cheap Trick, Kool and the Gang and Joan Jett to headline Wildflower fest in Richardson
- Theater review: Moon Over Buffalo in Richardson is a two-hour laugh fest
- New barbecue joint coming to Richardson, says Chili's founder
- Concert review: Willie Nelson keeps rolling, with Asleep at the Wheel joining him
- Love Justin Timberlake? You'll like Friday night at Alamo Drafthouse