Thursday, May 23, 2013
Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
One very large, one teeny.
FORT WORTH The Fort Worth Zoo introduced two of its newest animals to the public during a media event on Wednesday. One is a 22-year-old Asian elephant named Colonel who clocks in at a whopping 9,100 pounds. The other is Makolo (pronounced muh-co-low), a 4-pound bonobo. Little Makolo is a pygmy chimp who joins the zoo's collection of gorillas, orangutans, chimpanzees, and bonobos.
Take a peek at the new kids in town:
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun
- Theater review: Venus in Fur is intense, sexy and certainly PG-13