Thursday, May 23, 2013
Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
One very large, one teeny.
FORT WORTH The Fort Worth Zoo introduced two of its newest animals to the public during a media event on Wednesday. One is a 22-year-old Asian elephant named Colonel who clocks in at a whopping 9,100 pounds. The other is Makolo (pronounced muh-co-low), a 4-pound bonobo. Little Makolo is a pygmy chimp who joins the zoo's collection of gorillas, orangutans, chimpanzees, and bonobos.
Take a peek at the new kids in town:
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas