Thursday, May 23, 2013
Texas SkyScreamer opens May 25 at Six Flags Over Texas
We've a got sneak peak of the 400-foot swing.
ARLINGTON If you're planning to visit Six Flags Over Texas over Memorial Day weekend, be sure to stop by a brand new ride that opens Saturday. The Texas SkyScreamer, a 400-foot high swing carrousel, has been dubbed the world's tallest swing ride and offers patrons a "beautiful," albeit slightly terrifying, view of North Texas. Riders spin at a maximum speed of 35 mph in a 124-foot circle.
Ernie Long, chief instructor at Skydive Dallas, got a sneak preview from one of the SkyScreamer's 24 seats. For a look at what you'll be getting yourself into, see the video below.
- Anderson Cooper talks war, being gay and Real Housewives at UT-Arlington
- 11 worst stadium names, in honor of Globe Life Park
- New name for Texas Rangers' ballpark: Globe Life Park in Arlington
- Theater review: Four women go soul-searching in Italy in Enchanted April
- 10 outrageous, totally real things Jerry Jones said in 2013