Thursday, May 23, 2013
Texas SkyScreamer opens May 25 at Six Flags Over Texas
We've a got sneak peak of the 400-foot swing.
ARLINGTON If you're planning to visit Six Flags Over Texas over Memorial Day weekend, be sure to stop by a brand new ride that opens Saturday. The Texas SkyScreamer, a 400-foot high swing carrousel, has been dubbed the world's tallest swing ride and offers patrons a "beautiful," albeit slightly terrifying, view of North Texas. Riders spin at a maximum speed of 35 mph in a 124-foot circle.
Ernie Long, chief instructor at Skydive Dallas, got a sneak preview from one of the SkyScreamer's 24 seats. For a look at what you'll be getting yourself into, see the video below.
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- UT-Arlington will exhibit rare JFK photographs
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice