Friday, May 24, 2013
Denton Square Donuts up for sale
The owners want to focus on school.
The family members who own Denton Square Donuts say they are ready to sell the shop. It's currently owned by mom Jackie Rippy and her three kids, Camden Besselman, 21; Hunter Besselman, 17; and Jett Besselman, 15.
"We still want to see it continue," said Camden Besselman, who purchased the shop with her family members just over a year ago after seeing it posted to Facebook. "I see so much potential in the shop … but we just have done what we can do."
Camden Besselman is about to transfer to the University of North Texas as a music major. Rippy is working on a Ph.D. in child development and early childhood education from Texas Woman's University. Hunter Besselman is gradating from high school, and Jett Besselman is still in high school.
The owners hope the shop can be sold to someone who wants to continue the Denton Square Donuts business, which currently sells baked, square-shaped doughnuts, plus sandwiches and desserts.
"It's kind of our baby," Camden Besselman said.
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
See more stories in:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer