Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Meet Mimi, the 3-year-old Chihuahua voted DFW’s cutest pet
Believe it or not, this isn't the first time she's won the title.
PLANO Meet Mimi. You may remember her sweet little face from a photo contest we've been running here known as #PegPets. She was recently voted the cutest pet in DFW by our readers. Turns out this isn't her first pageant win: Mimi was dubbed the most adorable animal in her apartment complex a few a years back. It's no surprise why.
Mimi is a 3-year-old Chihuahua from Plano, where she lives with her owner Malia Renteria. Some say that she is the friendliest Chihuahua they've ever met based on her penchant for cuddling and openness to strangers. If you're wondering about that wheelchair that she sported in her winning photograph, the story will melt your heart. In October, Mimi jumped from Renteria's bed, hit a nerve, and lost the use of her back legs. Surgery was too big a risk, Renteria said, so the duo does physical and hydrotherapy every day. The wheelchair helps Mimi stand and walk -- because even the tiny dogs need exercise, too.
Learn more fun facts about Mimi in the pictures below.
- No one injured in Plano house fire Thursday morning
- Plano dance studio turns lessons into performance art
- Center for special needs adults moves to new facility in Plano
- Two years after fire, Plano sports bar Austin Avenue will be rebuilt
- Katy Trail Ice House Outpost in Plano is open, with beer specials this week