Wednesday, May 29, 2013
From the guys behind North Texas Taco Festival comes BurgerFest
We'll call it the taco fest's juicy fall counterpart.
DEEP ELLUM Residents and patrons of Deep Ellum have yet another street festival to look forward to in 2013.
On Saturday, September 21, Pegasus News content partners Entrée Dallas and The Taco Trail will be throwing BurgerFest, a fall counterpart to the spring’s North Texas Taco Festival. Vendors will serve bite-size renditions of their signature burger recipes to attendees. But this party won’t solely be about the food: The organizers teamed up with the Deep Ellum Outdoor Market, and local artisans will be out in full force alongside a slew of musical performances, we hear.
Preliminary participants of BurgerFest include Maple & Motor (Dallas), Ten Bells Tavern (Oak Cliff), Whiskey Cake (Plano), and Rodeo Goat (Fort Worth), with more to be announced. Like the taco fest, admission to this burger extravaganza is free. Grill what you want this summer, but don't spoil your cravings before this patty party.
BurgerFest takes place September 21, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on two blocks of Main Street in Deep Ellum.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day