Thursday, November 7, 2013
5 reasons we’re thrilled Buc-ee’s is coming to Terrell
Buc-ee's might beat Fuel City for best gas station. There, we said it.
TERRELL In case you missed the news, Buc-ee’s – the convenience store/gas station mega hybrid – is slated to open a new location in Terrell in late 2014 and bring with it the brand’s quintessential quirks that makes its one of Texas’ best kept secrets.
Here are five reasons we’ll be lining up on opening day:
1. Beaver Nuggets, one county east: Have you ever tried an actual Buc-ee’s Beaver Nugget? No? Well, if that’s the case, then you haven’t lived. A fried combination of sugary sweet and crispy crunch, Buc-ee’s Beaver Nuggets are, without a doubt, a Texas treasure and should humbly be included in the running for the state’s next honored food. Forget chili, we want Beaver Nuggets. And we want them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Shiny, squeaky clean bathrooms: Buc-ee’s takes its bathrooms seriously. So seriously, in fact, that the establishment has picked up national awards for its bathrooms’ cleanliness. Throw all your pre-conceived notions about gas station bathrooms aside when you visit Buc-ee’s; their johns are fit for kings.
3. Soda fountains equipped for almost anything: Imagine a wall full of CO2, water and sugary syrups practically daring you to concoct the most ridiculous combinations of sodas you can think of. At Buc-ee’s, it’s standard.
4. Christmas shopping made easy: NorthPark who? With everything from rhinestoned cowboy hats, signature Buc-ee’s merchandise and, if you’re lucky, woven blankets, Buc-ee’s is a last-minute-Christmas-gift buyer’s paradise.
5. Foodie heaven: We may be using the term “foodie” rather loosely here, but if you’re jonesing for freshly-baked cookies, tacos or even spicy buffalo jerky, Buc-ee’s is the place to be. Protip: Ask to sample the jerky, it’s free! Also, don’t forget to try one of Buc-ee’s lesser-known offerings, its Candied Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread. One taste and you’ll be hooked.
What are you looking forward to most about Buc-ee’s impending arrival? Let us know in the comments below.