Thursday, November 21, 2013
Hypnotic Donuts coming to Denton?
A local blog reported it, but the owner is keeping quiet.
DENTON Hypnotic Donuts -- the artisan doughnut shop with a cultish following in East Dallas -- says on its website that it will open a store in Denton in January 2014. We Denton Do It confirms the news, saying the shop will have outdoor seating and will be open in the mornings and in the evenings, and closed in between.
The owner of the store wouldn't share details for now.
Hypnotic Donuts is home to some of the most inventive fried pastries you'll find in Dallas, such as the Evil Elvis, a doughnut slathered in peanut butter, bacon, banana and honey. The Canadian Healthcare doughnut is a stunner, too: a long john topped with maple icing, a strip of bacon and syrup. The East Dallas store has twice played host to a spicy doughnut eating challenge involving ghost peppers.
We'll bring you more on the Denton Hypnotic store soon.
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer