Monday, November 25, 2013
Photos: Klyde Warren Park sparkles after holiday lighting ceremony
Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and their handy reindeer joined in the fun, too.
DALLAS Klyde Warren Park is officially decked for the holidays after residents from around North Texas convened at the downtown park for the tree lighting ceremony Saturday. Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus led the countdown to the tree lighting at 6 p.m., though there was plenty of other fun to be had beforehand.
Families and children, all bundled to face the near freezing weather, perused the park, making crafts and listening to live holiday music from local groups such as First Baptist Church of Dallas' The Day One Band. Santa's reindeer were onsite Saturday to join in the celebrations, too. Check out some of our favorite moments below.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling