Friday, October 4, 2013
10 craft beers to try at Canned festival in Denton
DENTON Canned Festival, from the same people that brought you Untapped, is happening this Saturday, October 5, at Williams Square in Downtown Denton. Doors open at 3:30 p.m., with the A.M. Ramblers kicking off the music lineup.
With 37 breweries, 70+ beers, and seven bands performing, you might be feeling a overwhelmed. Not to worry. Though variety is the spice of life, we know your liver can only take so much. So we have done some homework for you.
Since our beer expert Collin will be at ACL, in lieu of his absence we had to improvise. So we got a master list of the beers and breweries from the promoter and asked Collin to share his picks from the list. Several of the breweries at Canned Festival are from DFW, with a few more from Austin and Houston, and the rest from outside the Lone Star State. He started with a couple of harder-to-find selections. Without further adieu, here are Collin's picks.
These three are a little harder to find:
Try these and more this Saturday. Also check out a few local establishments, from coffee to antique collectibles, with this handy guide. You can learn more about the festival at Untapped-Festival.com/canned.
Pegasus News Content partner - I Live in Dallas
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog