Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Quiz: Guess the fake indie band names in advance of Index Fest in Dallas
Some of these bands are so underground, they don't even exist.
DEEP ELLUM The second annual Index Festival takes over seven music venues and two outdoor stages across Deep Ellum this weekend, making way for more than 70 locally and nationally acclaimed bands. If you previously looked at the lineup, chances are you didn't recognize many of the bands, which is cool because music festivals are all about discovery. But we're living in the 21st century when band names stretch from a single word to an entire sentence, becoming more ridiculous by the day. So let's have some fun with it.
We're testing your indie knowledge in the quiz below to see if you can spot the fake band name from the real acts playing Index. And we all know this will be much more fun if you don't cheat, so go ahead close the tab with the Index lineup.
The aqua-colored text is the category, and four of the five band names below that are real. Vote for the band name you think is the fake:Follow @tineywristwatch
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day