Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Texas Rangers valued at $1 billion
The Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox are the most valuable teams.
Where the Rangers ranked in key categories:
- Team revenue -- $260 million (9th)
- Gate receipts -- $79 million (11th)
- Concessions -- $22 million (10th)
- Sponsorships -- $19 million (17th)
- Media rights -- $81 million (13th)
- Parking -- $6 million (9th)
- Attendance -- 3.2 million (5th)
The Rangers had a net loss in revenue sharing of $15 million. The Yankees ($3.28 billion), Dodgers ($2.1 billion) and Red Sox ($2.06 billion) are the most valuable teams.
Last year, Forbes valued the Rangers at $764 million, good for eighth in the league.