Monday, September 2, 2013
Top 10 cookies baked in North Texas
We crumbled a few cookies to find the best.
Who doesn’t love a good cookie? You can eat them warm, have them with ice cream, or sandwich them between mountains of frosting. The possibilities are endless. What I do know is that Dallas has some pretty epic cookies. I am pretty versatile in my cookie tastes. I don’t stick to one kind. So, if I am craving the favorite dessert of our beloved fuzzy blue friend, I know my possibilities in Dallas are endless. I have compiled a list of my favorite cookies in the area. If you love a simple chocolate chip, or you prefer something you can dip in your tea, I have you covered.
In no particular order:
1. The Molasses cookie from BreadHaus Bakery: This Molasses cookie is the perfect spicy reminder of fall. One-hundred-degree days can all be put on hold. Get out the fall decorations, grab a molasses cookie and crank up the A/C.
2. Butterscotch cookie from Tiff’s Treats: You cannot go wrong with cookies delivered warm. The butterscotch chips immersed in the typical cookie dough of brown sugar is sure to please.
3. Clown cookie from Casa Linda Bakery: The clown cookie is a classic childhood favorite (even for adults). This giant chewy sugar cookie is covered with a Jayme-approved mountain of frosting in the decoration of a clown face. This cookie never fails to make me smile.
4. Peanut Butter Honey Cookie from Sugar and Spice Bakery: This cookie is a classic peanut butter cookie with a touch of honey added. The honey makes this already soft cookie melt in your mouth.
5. Lemon Drop cookie from Great One Cookie Company: The Lemon Drop cookie is the epitome of summer. It is sweet, with just the right amount of tart.
6. The White Chocolate Chip cookie from J D’s Chippery: This cookie is not to be confused with a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. This is a simple cookie that is loaded with white chocolate chips, without any pesky nuts to get in your way.
7. The OMG Cookie from Crème de la Cookie: This chocolate chip cookie is the epitome of Chocolate Chip Cookies: Overflowing with chocolate, all other chocolate chip cookies should bow down to this cookie.
8. Vanilla Sugar Cookie from Kessler Cookie Company: While these cookies have eluded me for some time, the only cookie I have been able to get my hands on from Kessler Cookie Company is the vanilla sugar cookie. To this day, I dream of what it will be like once we reunite. A near-perfect sugar cookie with a very prominent vanilla flavor.
9. Blueberry White Chocolate Cookie from Central Market: I know Central Market is a chain, but their bakery whips up some pretty amazing cookies. I cannot walk through the bakery without filling my cart full of blueberry white chocolate cookies. Blueberry muffins only wish they were this good.
10. Tea Cookies from Tart Bakery: Their tea cookies are bite size deliciousness in a multitude of flavors. They are perfect to enjoy with a cup of your favorite tea with your pinky up, or to shovel in your mouth while you’re driving down the Tollway; I won’t judge.
Pegasus News Content partner - Confection Confessions
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy
- Grapevine shop hosts royal baby watch party
- UPDATED: Grapevine Craft Brewery will open in April 2014
- Dessert review: Forget swimsuit season and indulge in Milwaukee Joe's Gourmet Ice Cream