Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
As evidence of his show Saturday during a school year kick-off concert at SMU, absolutely.
DALLAS Student staff started pushing people back at Southern Methodist University on Saturday night, preparing for a wild crowd. Instead of entering the outdoor concert incognito, Aaron Carter went around the sides of the crowd, with his film crew catching nearly every screaming fan. He walked with a limp, touching his face and laughing into the camera. His entourage followed.
This guy was trying really hard to not appear like he's trying too hard.
While backstage, we could hear fans say "Aaron, we love you!" and he pointed to them and said "I love you!" One fan was able to pass him a note that she wrote to him. (We didn't get a glimpse, but it made Carter laugh.) Then Carter was ready, screaming "Hey SMU!" -- and the crowd went crazy.
He started the set with "I Want Candy." A sea of cell phones and arms flailed in the air while Carter played an energetic set with thrusting, jumping and a few choreographed moves.
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters