Friday, September 6, 2013
Denton football team wins game in honor of deceased teen Nate Maki
Guyer beat Colleyville Heritage 35-14.
DENTON Just hours after Nate Maki's funeral in Argyle, his teammates on Guyer High School's football team hit the field to honor the teen’s memory Thursday night.
Many students and players wore Maki's No. 33 jersey number on their faces and fans donned T-shirts honoring the teen that were sold at the game with proceeds going to the Maki family.
The team presented Maki's jersey, signed by his teammates, to his family and showed a video montage during the game.
Guyer’s football booster club has set up an account at Northstar Bank for Maki's family. Donations can be made at any Northstar Bank location.
The Wildcats (1-1) had a late run to get their first win of the season, beating Colleyville Heritage 35-14 at C.H. Collins Athletic Complex in Denton.
See more photos from the game here.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog