Monday, September 9, 2013
Kanye West swings through Dallas in December with Kendrick Lamar
The tour promotes West's newest album Yeezus.
DALLAS Popular if often ill-mannered rapper Kanye West recently announced a North American tour that swings through American Airlines Center in Dallas on Friday, December 6. Kendrick Lamar will join West for the concert in Dallas and Houston.
West last visited Dallas over the summer to promote his newest release entitled Yeezus. West wasn't actually here, though his face was projected on several landmarks around the city, surprising police who then had to corral people out of the street at Union Station, among other places.
Yeezus was met with "massive" anticipation, according to Billboard. Pitchfork gave it a 9.5 rating out of 10 after the album dropped June 18. One writer from The North Texas Daily said it was an unapologetic piece of hip-hop mastery.
Ticketing information will be coming soon, according to the AAC website.
Kanye West “Yeezus” Projection - Union Station, Dallas, TX
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day