Monday, September 9, 2013
Parked car causes early morning house fire in Frisco
The family was asleep at the time, but no one was hurt.
FRISCO Frisco firefighters said a parked vehicle was responsible for a Sunday morning house fire, according to a press release.
Authorities said a passerby was walking on the 11000 block of Huntington Road at 4:06 a.m. when he or she noticed the fire and called 911.
Firefighters arrived to the house five minutes later and had the fire “under control” at 4:57, according to the release. The family was asleep at the time, but no one was hurt.
The car had been in an accident earlier in the day, which led to its ignition and spread to the house, officials said. The flames went to the eaves of the house and into the house’s two attics.
Assistant Fire Chief Lee Glover said in a release the damage to the home is “heavy.”
The fire is not thought to be suspicious, and damage estimates are unknown at this time.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
See more stories in:
- Theater review: Take a lesson in morality from The Foreigner in Frisco
- UPDATED: 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House in Frisco reopened Monday
- Fire at middle school in Frisco injures two students and a teacher
- Photos: Fancy Sunday Night Football bus kicks off the season in Frisco
- Frisco High School adds auditorium and gym courts in $20 million renovation