Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
Meet Paul Allen.
DALLAS You know the Naked Cowboy: He's not really naked, but he's been strumming his guitar, wearing tighty whities, in Times Square in New York City for years. Well, it's now a franchise, and Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy named Paul Allen.
A several-week contest at the McKinney Avenue Tavern (The MAT), hosted by owner and KISS FM DJ Big Al Mack, whittled down contestants for Dallas' Naked Cowboy. Winner Allen received the name and branding of The Naked Cowboy for two years in Dallas.
The contest was open to men and women, who were required to bring their own acoustic guitar and wear cowboy boots and a hat. Not required but highly recommended: itty bitty underwear.
Take a look at Naked Cowboy contestants, some of who got really close to being truly naked.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre