Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
Meet Paul Allen.
DALLAS You know the Naked Cowboy: He's not really naked, but he's been strumming his guitar, wearing tighty whities, in Times Square in New York City for years. Well, it's now a franchise, and Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy named Paul Allen.
A several-week contest at the McKinney Avenue Tavern (The MAT), hosted by owner and KISS FM DJ Big Al Mack, whittled down contestants for Dallas' Naked Cowboy. Winner Allen received the name and branding of The Naked Cowboy for two years in Dallas.
The contest was open to men and women, who were required to bring their own acoustic guitar and wear cowboy boots and a hat. Not required but highly recommended: itty bitty underwear.
Take a look at Naked Cowboy contestants, some of who got really close to being truly naked.
- The Greek in One Arts Plaza closed
- Concert review: Bleach blonde St. Vincent bleeds artistry at House of Blues
- Concert review: Spirited Elton John has more energy today than in his druggy, boozy heyday
- Concert review: Sexpot Miley Cyrus' antics came off as silly instead of raunchy
- Now open: The Establishment oyster bar at Knox-Henderson