Monday, September 23, 2013
Photos: Parking spaces were converted into temporary parks in downtown Dallas
The idea was to clean up and green up downtown, if only for a few hours.
DALLAS On a rainy Friday, dedicated event organizers converted parking spaces on Main Street in downtown Dallas into teeny pocket parks for a few hours on PARK(ing) Day. The green spaces played host to a concert by R&B band the BoomBachs and a temporary play place with a swing-set, among others.
PARK(ing) Day took place on September 20 in more than two dozen countries around the world. Here's how Dallas greened up:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger