Monday, September 23, 2013
Photos: Parking spaces were converted into temporary parks in downtown Dallas
The idea was to clean up and green up downtown, if only for a few hours.
DALLAS On a rainy Friday, dedicated event organizers converted parking spaces on Main Street in downtown Dallas into teeny pocket parks for a few hours on PARK(ing) Day. The green spaces played host to a concert by R&B band the BoomBachs and a temporary play place with a swing-set, among others.
PARK(ing) Day took place on September 20 in more than two dozen countries around the world. Here's how Dallas greened up:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day