Thursday, February 6, 2014 , Updated 9:08 a.m., February 7, 2014
11 worst stadium names, in honor of Globe Life Park
It could be worse: We could be the KFC Yum! Center.
The new name for the Texas Rangers' ballpark, Globe Life Park in Arlington, isn't exactly the height of creativity. Named after Globe Life Accident Insurance, it's basically a giant ad. Could it be worse? You tell us. Here are 11 of the worst sports arena names we were able to find.
- Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, La.
- Bright House Networks Stadium, Orlando, Fla.
- i wireless Center, Moline, Ill.
- InfoCision Stadium -- Summa Field, Akron, Ohio
- Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ
- KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Ky.
- O.co Coliseum, Oakland, Calif.
- Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, Ky.
- Sleep Train Arena, Sacramento, Calif.
- Taco Bell Arena, Boise, Idaho
- Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minn.
- Anderson Cooper talks war, being gay and Real Housewives at UT-Arlington
- New name for Texas Rangers' ballpark: Globe Life Park in Arlington
- Male Yorkshire Terrier found in Grand Prairie
- Theater review: Four women go soul-searching in Italy in Enchanted April
- 10 outrageous, totally real things Jerry Jones said in 2013