Thursday, February 6, 2014
Cheesy Italian restaurant springs up near the Galleria
Not THAT kind of cheesy.
A new restaurant called La Perla d'Italia will put cheese-making on display. Diners can see buffalo mozzarella, burrata and others made in a glass-walled "cheese lab," as they call it.
The menu consists of Italian dishes like spaghetti with meatballs, fettucine Bolognese and gnocchi. See the full menu here.
La Perla d’Italia has been open since Jan. 2 at the northeast corner of Alpha and Noel roads, near Galleria Dallas. Native Italian and chef Maurizio Primo oversees the kitchen. Antonio Pugliesi is the cheesemaker.
5301 Alpha Road (in Village on the Green), Dallas. 972-661-1240. laperladitalia.com.
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Watch the Academy Awards in style in Dallas
- Photos: $900,000 beauty near Tony Romo's house up for grabs
- Review: For a fun night of theatre, Tom Sawyer is a must-see
- Theater review: Isaac’s Eye examines mortality through the perspective of a genius