Monday, February 10, 2014 , Updated 3:13 p.m., February 18, 2014
UPDATED: Morrissey might perform in Dallas on May 22
Tickets go on sale Friday, February 21.
DALLAS Well, this is interesting: A little while ago Star-Telegram pop critic Preston Jones tweeted that one Steven Patrick Morrissey has a Dallas date in his near future, May 22 at the city-owned Majestic Theatre in downtown Dallas. According to Ticketmaster, tickets go on sale Friday, February 21 at 10 a.m.
Except … the show hasn’t been officially announced, officials at the Majestic won’t confirm the date, and we were told this afternoon to check back Friday for further word. So get excited. Or don’t.
[UPDATE: The Majestic has confirmed the show for May 22 in Dallas.]
Because, look, the former Smiths frontman was supposed to be here February 18 of last year, with a date booked at Palladium Ballroom. But that was nixed due to a bleeding ulcer and Barrett’s esophagus. He eventually picked out a new date: April 15. But, no, sorry — that one’s off the calendar too, along with the two dozen or so other shows that were to round out his North American tour. Then came — and went — the April 15 reschedule, which, like the rest of the U.S. tour, was scotched due to a bout of double pneumonia.
So mark it down, in pencil: Moz is coming. Probably.
See more stories in:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger