Friday, February 14, 2014
Lionel Richie and CeeLo Green bring soul to Gexa Energy Pavilion in July
Expect to groove all night long. (See what I did there?)
FAIR PARK This summer will be a little more soulful when the seductive sounds of Lionel Richie and CeeLo Green come through Dallas’ Gexa Energy Pavilion on Friday, July 11. Tickets go on sale Friday, February 28 at 10 a.m. through LiveNation.com.
Richie added more than 30 North American tour dates in addition to his spring stops in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East. As an extension of Richie’s “All The Hits All Night Long Tour,” a press release promises tunes from Richie’s Motown days to his latest album Tuskegee, which came out in 2012.
Richie’s legacy spans more years than I’ve been alive, but he has nonetheless earned a special place in my household — from easy Sunday mornings at home to karaoke duets of “Endless Love.” My best friend Sarah even transformed a pumpkin last Halloween into a jack-o-Lionel Richie. Check out her sweet carving below.
See more stories in:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger