Monday, February 17, 2014 , Updated 11:46 a.m., March 3, 2014
UPDATED: Italian restaurant Battuto is looking for a new chef
Chef Joel Harloff wasn't a good fit, said the owner.
DALLAS Chef Joel Harloff is no longer top toque at Battuto Italian Kitchen in Dallas, confirmed owner Julie Gates via email.
"The simple reason is that we just weren't a good fit for each other," she wrote.
Before moving to Battuto in mid-2013, Harloff previously worked as a chef at Ocho Kitchen + Cocktails, Dali Wine Bar and Cellar, The Green Room (each now defunct), and The Second Floor, to name a few.
Gates says Battuto is currently doing a "nationwide search" for a new chef.
[UPDATE: Meantime, Erik Wolf has been hired as "executive sous chef," according to publicist Ariana Hajibashi. It's the first time Battuto has brought on someone with that title, she said. Wolf formerly worked as a sous chef at Central 214.]
When Battuto was reviewed in August 2013 -- before Harloff came on -- it received two stars from Dallas Morning News critic Kim Pierce.
18101 Preston Road (near Frankford Road), Dallas. 972-930-0558. battuto.com.
- North Texas' second Dee Lincoln burger bar to open in Plano this April
- Plano resident sues neighbor for hosting synagogue services in his house
- Photos: $900,000 beauty near Tony Romo's house up for grabs
- Theater review: Isaac’s Eye begs the question, does lunacy come closer to genius than composure?
- Black cat missing near Hillcrest and Arapaho in Dallas