Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Register online if you want to attend a Conan O’Brien taping in Dallas
You’re more likely to get a ticket now than if you wait later.
DALLAS On Friday we broke the good news: Conan O’Brien and Andy Richter will be at the Majestic Theatre March 31-April 3, taping their TBS talk-show in advance of the NCAA Final Four wingding at AT&T Stadium. Now, the hard part: trying to score ducats to the show.
The virtual box office just opened, and right now, at least, the website shows there are tickets available to all four tapings. Which doesn’t mean anything:
“Please note ticketing will be in excess of seating capacity and a reservation does not guarantee admission,” says one of the myriad caveats on the site. “Although we do not anticipate turning reservation holders away, it is possible. The closer you arrive to the check-in deadline stated in your reservation, the higher your chance of being turned away. TRANSLATION: Please come as early as possible!”
This much we do know: You’re more likely to get a ticket now than if you wait later. And you can get a small handful: You can request as many as four, so long as all in your party are capable of brandishing an ID that says they’re older than 16. And they have to all be there at pick-up.
And other stuff.
But worry about that later. All you have to now is fill out a short form and wait a few weeks to see if you won the lottery. You should know come the week of March 3.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger