Friday, February 21, 2014 , Updated 3:38 p.m., March 7, 2014
UPDATED: Former Top Chef contestant Danyele McPherson is moving south on Greenville Ave
She's heading up a new menu at a new restaurant called Remedy.
DALLAS Chef de cuisine at the Grape on Greenville Avenue, Danyele McPherson, has left the restaurant to work at HG Sply Co., according to the Grape spokeswoman Amity Thomas. McPherson's title will be
co-executive chef at HG Sply Co. executive chef at a sibling restaurant called Remedy.
[UPDATE: A manager incorrectly identified McPherson's title as co-executive chef at HG Sply Co. Owner Elias Pope says her title is executive chef of Remedy, a coming-soon restaurant at 2010 Greenville Avenue.]
Jed Demler will make the move from Hibiscus to the Grape to take McPherson’s place.
You may remember McPherson as one of three North Texans who competed on Top Chef: Seattle. She started as sous chef at the Grape in 2011 and later became chef de cuisine under owner Brian Luscher.
Before the Grape, McPherson worked at Stephan Pyles.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger