Monday, February 24, 2014
Photos: The Cotton Club came to life in ‘20s-themed party in Dallas
It was all flappers and fishnets Saturday night.
DALLAS The Roaring Twenties were back Saturday night at Sandaga 813 -- 'scuse us, the Cotton Club -- for Harlem Renaissance Extravaganza. As instructed, attendees dressed to impress in their zoot suits and flapper outfits.
Shelley Carrol and his big band took the club back to the '20s while attendees swing danced and did the Charleston.
Take a look at some of the fun:
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling