Thursday, January 2, 2014 , Updated 9:00 a.m., January 9, 2014
Pop singer Tiffany will perform at Vista Ridge Mall’s food court January 9
It's a return to her roots for Tiffany, who originally got her start by singing in malls.
LEWISVILLE When last we saw ’80s mall queen Tiffany, she was slugging it out with rival Debbie Gibson in the Syfy movie, Mega Python vs. Gatoroid, in 2011.
Now, Tiffany’s back. In a familiar domain. The mall.
Tiffany Renee Darwish, the former teen icon known as Tiffany, is performing in a free concert at 3:30 p.m. January 9 at Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville. Chances are the 42-year-old mom will be belting out her signature remake of "I Think We’re Alone Now" for her fans, presumably soccer moms, in Center Court.
Tiffany’s album, Tiffany, hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200 charts. She hit it big in 1987-88 and has released six albums in the past 23 years that have not charted. Today, she runs a boutique in White House, Tenn.
Why has Tiffany returned to mall singing?
In August, she responded to the Klondike Celebrity Challenge. According to TooFab.com, her fans egged her on.
“A lot of people know me from singing in a mall, that’s how I got started,” she told TooFab.com. “So to go back … I think the true ham in me came out. I went for it and it was a lot of fun.”
MEGA PYTHON VS GATOROID: Tiffany and Debbie Gibson Cat Fight
- 1980s pop singer Tiffany, now a mom in her 40s, sings at Vista Ridge Mall
- Cobra Brewing Co. opened in Lewisville December 21
- Theater review: Despite deeply-flawed script, Blitzen! is watchable
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- Country artists Casey Donahew and Randy Rogers to headline Lewisville Western Days