Thursday, January 2, 2014
Sfuzzi in Uptown closed after a last New Year’s Eve hurrah
The restaurant announced the news via Facebook.
The restaurant posted about the closure on its Facebook page, saying (in part): “[December 31 in the] evening will be the last night that we are open at 2533 McKinney Ave for the ‘FINALE’ on New Years Eve. A sincere thank you to the tremendous amount of love and support you have shown us over the past 3 and a half years.”
Sfuzzi had its Uptown heyday in the 1980s and ’90s, then reopened in 2010 across McKinney Avenue from its original location. When we last reviewed the Uptown location, in 2010, Leslie Brenner gave it 1 star.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling