Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Eli Young Band’s new album due out March 4
It features the single "Drunk Last Night."
It's fitting that a chart-topping country song called "Drunk Last Night" was written by a group of college buddies. But Eli Young Band's time at University of North Texas in Denton is long past, and the foursome is now riding "Drunk Last Night" to No. 2 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.
The song is the band's first single on their new album 10,000 Towns, which was just announced for release on March 4. It's their second album with Republic Nashville, a label owned by Universal Music Group that also reps Florida George Line and the Band Perry.
Along with the release of EYB's 10,000 Towns, an "exclusive version" of the disc at Walmart will have three additional tracks -- "Traces," "June, July, August," and "The Moon's On Fire."
The band tours through Dallas February 22 in Fair park for Mardi Gras Texas Style. They're joined by Casey Donahew Band, Kevin Fowler and Deryl Dodd.
See more stories in:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer